Asking Big Questions…
At our Laugh in Peace Comedy Show we asked attendees to answer a variety of Big Questions. Here are some of the answers we received…
WHAT MOTIVATES YOU?
- The drive to succeed
- The constant trouble around the world and things that can be done
- Knowing that I have people looking up to me
WHAT SCARES YOU ABOUT THE FUTURE?
- The 2012 Presidential Election
- Fear mongering
WHERE DO YOU FEEL AT HOME?
- Where I feel loved
- Tamarack Camps
- At home with my family
- Maple Valley
- Flint, MI
- East Lansing
- Places where I’ve been welcomed before
WHEN AND WHERE HAVE YOU FELT MOST ALIENATED?
- At work when I received no support from my supervisor
- When I first arrived to live in the United States
- My 5th grade cafeteria
- Traveling as a Caucasian/Arab-American woman in West Africa
IF YOU COULD CHANGE ONE THING ABOUT THE PAST, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
- Nothing, because if I did I probably wouldn’t be here today
- I would be more outgoing
- Nothing, every action brings progress
- Nothing, I’m learning from my mistakes
- Slavery in all forms
- The Holocaust
- I would be nicer to others
WHAT SHOULD WE SACRIFICE TO CHANGE THE WORLD?
- Government bureaucracy
- Selfish indulgences
WHAT DO YOU WISH YOU COULD SAY TO YOUR PARENTS?
- That I love them and am extremely thankful for their guidance and support
- Thank you, but let me do things my way
- Why can’t we get along?
IF YOU COULD RUN THE WORLD, WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE?
- Elect better leaders
- More income equality
- I’d help make world peace
- End human trafficking
- Switch to cleaner energy consumption–windmills, solar, etc.
- Make sure everyone had food and shelter
- Gas prices
- Unity between countries
HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH OTHERS WHO DON’T SHARE YOUR BELIEFS?
- Look at them as the same person and treat them with respect
- I talk to them about our differences
- Open dialogue
Do you have an answer to one of our questions? Please feel free to comment! Thanks again to everyone who came out to the Laugh in Peace Comedy Show!